Become a Roots of Empathy Family
Want to be a Roots of Empathy family?
Would you like to help foster social and emotional competence in children
in your community?
What happens when your family joins Roots of Empathy?
- You demonstrate your parent-child attachment relationship, the first and most powerful model of empathy
- You support the development of children’s social and emotional competence
- You develop a better understanding of your baby’s development and needs
- You build a positive connection to the children, the school, the community
How it works
- Your baby is 2 – 4 months old at the start of the school year
- Your family is matched with a local school in your neighbourhood
- You are paired with a Roots of Empathy Instructor
- The programme follows the course of the school year
- You and your baby visit the same classroom of children 9 times over the year
- The Roots of Empathy instructor guides the children using an age appropriate curriculum
- Read more in the Parent Booklet